Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide.
DRS Marlo Coil manufactures robust heat transfer, refrigeration, and air handling equipment for industrial, commercial, utility and marine markets. Our custom engineered heat transfer solutions are used in a variety of configurations to cool, heat, and dehumidify air streams for process and building comfort. We pride ourselves on having equipment on most surface combatant ships and submarines in the U.S. Navy fleet. Additionally, DRS Marlo Coil is positioned for significant growth in the Industrial/Commercial markets.
For more information on Leonardo DRS, please visit www.leonardodrs.com, and for more information on our Commercial/Industrial business, please visit: www.marlocoil.com.
Job Location: High Ridge, MOJob Summary
Our Supply Chain Team is looking for a motivated individual to join our procurement department. The successful candidate will be able to learn quickly and be a team player.Job Responsibilities
- Generate/execute purchase orders based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar necessary documents related to the purchasing of supplies, equipment, services and materials.
- Perform a variety of general tactical duties as required to support purchasing activities
- Under direct supervision, may assist in negotioations and apply limited knowledge of commercial, contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions to minimize risk.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers. May resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions as necessary
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide information as necessary
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- May assist in sourcing initiatives
- Communicate supplier performance
- Serves as the primary contact between Leonardo DRS personnel and assigned suppliers
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain management, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or business administration.
- Competent in Microsoft office applications
- Prefer experience working with ERP/MRP system.
- Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Basic negotiating skills
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website