Job ID: 99288
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Job Summary
Develop precision opto-mechanical components and products. Examples include optical assemblies, IR & visible sights and electronics packaging mainly for military applications. Working as a member of a project team, the Mechanical Designer will design, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems.Job Responsibilities
- Use ProE/ Creo and AutoCAD to design products
- Create and release engineering drawings and documents using PLM systems
- Prepare and incorporate engineering changes using PDM & PLM systems
- Design and document prototypes for engineering confidence testing.
- Perform interference checks and tolerance analysis.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Support testing of products. Tooling design and product testing.
- Provide support to resolve vendor manufacturing issues.
- Associate's degree or its equivalent and 2+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within designing or engineering
- 3D & 2D CAD experience, Pro-e/Creo & AutoCAD required.
- Design and documentation of machined parts
- Understanding of GD&T principles and tolerance analysis.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- AS degree in design is strongly preferred
- Casting and injection molded part design experience preferred
- Cable drawing experience preferred
Apply on company website