DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS's specialty is equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job title- Planner III
Responsible for creating the Master Production Schedule (MPS) based on production capacity, materials availability and contractual requirements. Obtains agreement from production, materials and program office before execution of the MPS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create the Master Production Schedule (MPS) based on production capacity, materials availability and contractual requirements
- Obtains agreement from production, materials and program office before execution of the MPS
- Maintains the MPS files
- Ensures closeout of old programs/jobs to include the disposition of all requisition, purchase orders and residual inventory
- Monitors shipping performance to MPS and contract and creates tracking reports
- Track and report the number of changes to each MPS
- Interfacing with contracts, planning, master scheduling and production creates and maintains the Internal Operating Plan (IOP)
- Ensures product is moving from production to packaging to shipping
- Creates reports that show actual shipments against projections
- Work closely with manufacturing to establish and evolve a stable manufacturing schedule
- Improve current system, functions, and daily operations to more effectively meet goals
- Responsible for rescheduling daily delivery requirements if problems require a re-plan to meet internal needs and contractual obligations
- Consolidate demand for purchase requisitions
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience.
- Solid understanding of business processes and functional inter-relationships
- Strong background in project material management
- Extensive experience in production planning
- Skilled in the use of Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Point, Word, as well as Sharepoint
- Excellent understanding of MRP systems
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc.):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, climb, bend, lift, stand, and stoop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LEL #EOIS
Apply on company website