LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
The individual will be a senior member of the FPGA development team of DRS' Electro Optics and Imaging Systems (EOIS) division, and will interface with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines; including circuit card design, integrated circuit design, test engineering, and systems engineering. In this role, the senior FPGA design engineer will support the design, development, and test of Infrared Sensors. The key responsibilities are the following: participate in requirements analysis, electronics architecture definition, RTL coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis, place and route, timing closure, Design Verification Testing, and the generation of FPGA design documentation.Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: BSEE or BSCS
- Experience: 8+ years of experience as an FPGA Design Engineer
- Fluent in VHDL and Verilog
- Strong experience using Xilinx and/or Microsemi FPGAs
- Strong experience with design and simulation tools (Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi Libero, Mentor QuestaSim)
- Proven capability of executing complex designs in a timely manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Familiar with PC applications like Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- FPGA firmware design including RTL development in VHDL and Verilog
- FPGA simulation, hardware integration/test support, and documentation
- On-going support of products to ensure successful transition to full scale production
- Experience with image processing and algorithm development, preferred but not required
- Familiar with low-power design techniques
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Visual Basic, and C/C++, preferred but not required
- Experience with embedded processors, microcontrollers, or DSPs
- Working experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs
Travel up to 5% per year
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website