Job ID: 101831
Leonardo Daylight Solutions business provides industry-changing mid-infrared laser light technology for government and commercial markets, including: defense and security; life sciences; and industrial process control. As a mid-IR technology pioneer, Daylight Solutions has delivered more mid-IR systems to more applications world-wide than any other company.Job Summary
Position: Sr. Assembler
Shift 1st shift
DRS Daylight Solutions is a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS. Our mission at DRS Daylight Solutions is to be the leading provider of best in class, mid-infrared sources and systems for defense, commercial, and research markets. Our global leadership position in advanced, mid-IR technology means that DRS Daylight Solutions customers benefit from a sustainable, competitive advantage in molecular detection and imaging applications.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the
Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
In 2005, three high-tech entrepreneurs founded DRS Daylight Solutions in San Diego, California, with the goal of developing breakthrough technologies and products around the company's core technology: mid-IR quantum cascade lasers (QCLs). Since then, the company has introduced three groundbreaking products.
Are you an innovator that wants to be part of the solution? We're looking for pioneers who bring great ideas from concept to reality. DRS Daylight Solutions culture is family oriented, innovative, and collaborative. We enjoy working hard and have fun doing it. Our motto is to protect with light.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Performs advanced-level assembly functions, which may include: mechanical, LASER, harness, cable, and printed circuit board assembly, and inspection within a production environment.
• May perform soldering and installation of components to contract specifications, using a wide range of tools and equipment
• Interprets blueprints, process flow instructions and other written or verbal instructions
• Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to SPC standard practices
• Competent technical expertise
• Comfortable with the shop/laboratory and equipment Assists in design, build and/or procurement of new or improved machines, tools, fixtures and material handling equipment and coordinating the implementation
• Provides hands-on feedback to engineers
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• High School Diploma or GED with 5+ years of experience
• Knowledge of semiconductor laser technology, optical components and materials from UV to IR, optical metrology and measurement equipment.
• Understanding of mechanical, thermal, electrical, and optical designs and components, and their interactions in a system to meet performance requirements.
• We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas
• Lifting: yes 25 lbs 0-25%
• Walking: yes 0-50%
• Climbing: yes 0-10%
• Bending: yes 0-10%
• Sitting: yes 0-50%
• Standing: yes 0-50%
• Stooping: yes 0-10%
• Kneeling: yes 0-10%
• Travel: no
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #DLS
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website