LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
As a Project Engineer within the Electro Optics and Imaging Systems (EOIS) division of DRS, you will be responsible for leading engineering efforts for complex projects on time and on budget, ensuring design compliance with all project requirements. In this role, you will interface with some of the most respected scientists and engineers in the industry to continue in the pursuit of technical excellence and market dominance. A strong background in product development for complex systems within the defense industry is required. This technical leader will work as part of the overall program leadership team developing and executing program plans and interfacing directly with customers. This is a technical leadership position that requires extensive understanding of multiple engineering disciplines, product development processes, military standards, and validation/test methods.Qualifications
Master's degree in Engineering or related technical field with 10 or more years relevant experience is preferred. Bachelor's degree in engineering with equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• Demonstrated experience leading product development teams through the engineering process
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in multiple engineering disciplines
• Proven ability to independently lead a team of engineers to complete complex projects
• Familiarity with MIL-STD's and DoD procurement processes and procedures
• Experience with Systems Engineering processes and CMMI
• Experience managing complex development activities, including development of program plans, schedules, requirements, and test plans
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience working with electro-optical sensors and systems, including infrared sensor technology for imaging applications
- Experience working in device manufacturing environments, such as semiconductor fabrication operations
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, or optical issues within complex systems and devices
- Experience driving systems engineering processes, including requirements development and product verification/validation
- Experience using DOORS to manage system requirements
- Experience using engineering tools such as CAD, SPICE, MATLAB, or Mathcad to analyze data, solve problems, and model solutions
Responsible for leading all engineering efforts for a complex project or projects on time and budget
• Responsible to review customer specifications and requirements and lead a project team to develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Responsible to ensure design compliance with all project requirements
• Responsible for providing cost, schedule, and resource need inputs for assigned projects and for tracking budget and schedule performance.
• Act as technical interface to customer
• Control design configuration and overall management of technical data package
• Coordinate and lead design reviews
• Coordinate hardware/software integration & test activities
• Development of validation/verification methodologies
• Lead transition of new products into production
• Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
• Lead development of technical section of proposals
• Adhere to Enterprise development processes
• Other duties as assigned
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website