Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Position: Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer
Location: Melbourne, FL
Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget. Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems. May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments.Will develop software in support of DRS's trusted computing platforms. Will be involved with the design, development, analysis, testing, debugging and documentation of Linux services, Windows applications, and other software services on the computing system. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities:
• Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
• Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
• May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
• Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
• Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
• Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
• Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
• Participate in preparation of proposals
• Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
• Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience
Fluency in technologies and application domain
Computer Science related degree w/ minimum 3 years industry experience
Software development in a Linux environment
Software development in a Windows environment
Strong debugging skills
Understands Object Oriented Programming
Understands Agile/Scrum methodology for software development
Strong Process orientation
Effective communication skills
Ability to develop both Embedded and GUI Applications
Familiar with Networking and Network Programming to include debugging network issues
Familiar with Docker
Familiar with Conda Environments
Familiar with CentOS
Familiar with the Jet Brains IDEs (PyCharm, IntelliJ, CLion, WebStorm)
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL
Apply on company website