Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Training & Control Systems (TCS), Fort Walton Beach, FL, provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS TCS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Title: Quality Inspector
Perform inspection activities to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
• Perform complex inspection activities, to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models
• Inspect products, components, subassemblies, and/or systems to ensure conformance to requirements
• Add organizational value by implementing innovative solutions and best practices involved in all processes of the product realization value stream
• Support Quality Engineers with identifying non-conforming conditions that present existing or impending defective conditions at the system or subsystem level of assembly
• Oversee the preparation of inspection plans and checklists for inspections
• Aid with data collection and root cause analysis investigations
• Generate discrepancy notices and initiate Material Review Board actions
• Perform material movement transactions after completing inspection process
• Specialize in receiving inspection, in-process inspection, process verification/auditing, final inspection, etc.
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Additional Skills and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection of fabricated material using drawings, specification sheets, etc.
- Perform inspection of electronics and electromechanical parts and assemblies.
- Perform inspection of standard Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) items.
- Perform inspection of in-process assemblies; Line Replaceable Units (LRU)
- Familiar with or certified to JSTD/IPC.
- Experience with inspection related transactions in CostPoint, Deltek, SAP, Oracle or other
- Experience with using measurement and test equipment.
- Team player and good communication skills.
Required Experience and Education
High school diploma or GED
Preferred Skills, Experience and Knowledge
In-depth understanding of relevant manufacturing standards (such as J-Std-001/IPC-A-610) or common mechanical techniques (such as geometric dimensioning and tolerance practices)
• Ability to use various measurement devices (calipers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc) to verify mechanical part compliance
• Experience reading mechanical drawings and able to verify parts dimensions against drawing requirements
• Experience using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Optical comparator or other complex inspection systems is
Required to be Proficient in all of the following compentencies:
- Quality Orientation/Continuous Improvement
- Work Standards/Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Technical/Professional Knowledge/Applied Learning
- Building Trust/Integrity
- Valuing Diversity
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #AIS
Apply on company website