Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specializes in equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job Title: Technician IV Test (Troubleshooter)
Provides routine technical support to engineers and scientists on testing standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities will include testing, troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical assemblies to the CCA and Component level, identifying root cause and preparing action plans to perform corrective actions.
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity.
- Perform basic assembly of some products and provide in depth feedback to engineering and production supervisors.
- Design and/or test prototype assemblies and production units.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification.
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials.
- Coordinate multiple activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational condition.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Other jobs as assigned.
- Flexibility to work alternate schedules when required.
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- 8+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced understanding in electronics (D, AC, Analog, Digital)
- Advanced knowledge of CCA Boards, detector/microchip technology, and component level diagnostic troubleshooting and repair
- Advanced knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment, alignment and troubleshooting test failures in a high volume operation
- Advances in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Soldering (J-STD-001, 601, 620, 7711, 7721) certification or experience preferred
- Experience in training other technicians in the areas of electrical and optical troubleshooting repair
- Experience with Electrical Troubleshooting Test Equipment (scopes, signal generators, spectrum analysis, power meters, DVMs, etc)
- Experience in optical alignment, bore sighting, optical and electrical measurements
- Experienced in the safe handling of chemicals
- Assembly experience of products and mechanically inclined
- Demonstrate high level of leadership
- Pass a back ground check
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS #manufacturing #technical #technician
Apply on company website