Job ID: 99867
The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability and support anywhere in the world.Job Summary
Opportunity Summary – This position is contingent upon contract Award
LOCATION: MacDill AFB, FL
Description: Under general supervision, develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software and enhancements to existing web software. Competent to work on fairly complex programs with guidance. Works with technical staff to understand problems with web software and resolve them.
Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
• Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
• May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
• Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
• Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
• Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
• Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
• Participate in preparation of proposals
• Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
• Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• AA w/7+ yrs. OR BA/BS Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience, prefer degree in Computer Science.
• Fluency in technologies and application domain
• Ability to lead a technical group independently
• Active U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility determination
#CA #CS #EKMS
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website