Leslie's is pursuing the next generation of retail management. We believe it is vital to our success to build a culture which has a diverse workforce with many unique and colorful backgrounds.
Building that strong and talented pipeline of individuals takes time. Our training pipeline will transform your skills and knowledge and prepare you for management positions.
The Assistant Store Manager in Training Program (“AMIT”) is designed to infuse the organization with highly qualified college graduates and/or ambitious individuals that have an interest in building a career in retail store management. As an AMIT you will support the performance of a Leslie's store to ensure it is meeting or exceeding customer service standards, sales plans, profitable, operating procedures, and all merchandising objectives.
You are an outgoing individual with a drive to succeed. You possess leadership characteristics, are highly motivated, competitive and goal driven. You are a people person who exemplifies strong salesmanship skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly, you desire to better yourself and others around you.Day-to-Day
- You will learn overall expectations and procedures of store operations, sales plans, profit margins, payroll, and all controllable expenses. (P&L)
- You will assist by conducting water analysis and mechanical repairs
- You will aim to increase commercial and residential sales, customer count, and customer transactions
- You will provide excellent customer service through personal example and expectation
- You will ensure that the team is following all safety protocols
- You will assist in identifying new talent to join the team
- You will strive to maintain a welcoming store environment
- You will assist with merchandising and inventory control
- You will have opening and closing store responsibilities that may include the delivery of daily bank deposits
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- You are a minimum twenty years of age
- You have a minimum one year of retail experience
- You have experience in managing/leading a team (preferred)
- You have excellent communication skills and are proficient with computers
- You have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Our Retail Team consists of talented pool professionals and sales associates that strive to provide expert assistance to our customers in maintaining and improving their pools and spas. We are the most reliable and trusted in the industry. Many of our team members began their careers in entry level roles and have advanced to high level management positions.
Since 1963, we have aimed to deliver quality products through superior customer service. As a steadily growing organization, with a presence in 35 states, we recognize that the most critical component to our continued success is our people. And as such, there is nothing we value more than the development and growth of our team. Our internal promotion and advancement structure is unsurpassed: the vast majority of all open management positions are filled from talent within our company.
Company Mission Statement; We are committed to being the world-class authority in pool and spa care, supported by our dedication to offer the best value across all channels and the highest quality of customer service, delivered through knowledge, integrity and friendliness.
Leslie's Core Tenants; Passion for Sales Growth, Superior Customer Service, Operational Excellence, A Great Place to Work, Value-Centric and Continuous Improvement.
We offer our employees competitive compensation, extensive paid training, comprehensive and flexible suite of benefits package, 401K with company match, team member discounts, rewards for top performers, and most importantly career advancement opportunities.
Leslie's is committed to infusing diversity into the workplace and providing opportunity to our military veterans and their families. Having a diverse and experienced team fuels innovation and creativity. We promote an expansive environment that supports differing perspectives, thoughts, ideas, cultures, and ways of life. Leslie's is an equal opportunity employer.
Stop treading water; your career is here
Apply on company website