Leslie's is the market leader in pool supplies and we have big growth goals. Marketing has a big role in driving that growth. We are in the process of modernizing our marketing and creative capabilities. We are looking for a creative leader to join us on that journey. If you appreciate the challenge of building teams and capabilities, this is a unique opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Creative Director who is a problem solver, strong player coach with a passion for great design. This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. He/She/They serves as leader for the internal Leslie's internal creative team of 10 and provide day-to-day direction and guidance. This person is an innovative, creative leader who shares, and encourages the team to think beyond the expected.
The Senior Creative Director is a proven, collaborative leader, who will provide creative strategy and execution leadership for multiple brands that live within the Leslie's umbrella, both B2B and B2C. This leader will bring a well-rounded background and provide guidance for digital and web content, copy, print, video, audio. They will partner with channel and campaign marketers to come up with bold campaigns designed to delight and engage audiences while delivering on the program objectives.
This person will serve as leader to ensure creative team members work together like a well-oiled machine, consistently cranking out genius deliverables, meeting deadlines and staying within budget. The Senior Creative Director is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the creative team.
- Will be experienced in external or internal agency work, especially experienced in establishing operational processes to ensure smooth production schedules.
- Must be unfazed by building from scratch. Leslie's is undergoing a digital transformation journey and we need a builder, not a caretaker
- Work at a rapid pace against tight deadlines
- Is a strong presenter who can inspire stakeholders inside/outside of marketing with great creative.
- Ability to team build, especially in this remote work period of time
- Shows a unique blend of direct communication skills while also being easy to work with. Big egos are not a good fit in our work family.
- Has a keen sense of humor to make the journey a lot easier
- Create and implement tailored creative plans based on omni-channel marketing approach
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion
- Shape brand standards and create procedures to ensure all brand representation is consistent.
- Supervise the creative daily workflow, assess project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets. Establish a DAM system for enhanced workflow.
- Develop exceptional and well-executed creative campaigns that meet customer and company expectations.
- Be the creative visionary of the company from a visual and voice standpoint by working directly with VP of Marketing and Advertising and the CMO and executive management team.
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members
- Manage all internal and external creative resources, agencies, and freelancers
- Provide the creative team clear communication and motivation to produce high-level creative solutions
- Bachelor's degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism and other relevant fields
- Master's Degree preferred
- 10 years of related experience with creative direction in external agency or internal agency setting
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in both print and digital, particularly with, but not limited to web, social and emerging technologies
- Experience creating marketing/advertising campaign concept development, vision and messaging
- Past experience managing production deadlines and budget
- Highly skilled at leading a team of creative talent
- Outstanding communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills
- An in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models
- Broad experience including brand identity, art direction, content strategy and development, video and audio production
- Portfolio of work required
***Relocation assistance provided for the right candidate.
Leslie's Corporate Office is located in a centralized area of Phoenix, Arizona. The expansive office space offers covered parking, a fully functional on-site gym, and a wellness center with an in-house nurse practitioner. There are 2 large breakrooms with a small grocery-like market, flavored water dispenser (still or sparkling), coffee machines, as well as a ping pong and foosball table. In addition, Leslie's hosts Food Truck Friday in the parking lot for employees twice a month.
About Leslies Poolmart, Inc.
Since 1963, we have aimed to deliver quality products through superior customer service. Leslie's is a steadily growing organization, with over 900 retail locations across 35 states, along with 7 independent e-commerce brands, plus an eBay and Amazon presence. We recognize that the most critical component to our continued success is our people. And as such, there is nothing we value more than the development and growth of our team.
Leslie's is committed to infusing diversity into the workplace and providing opportunity to our military veterans and their families. Having a diverse and experienced team fuels innovation and creativity. We promote an expansive environment that supports differing perspectives, thoughts, ideas, cultures, and ways of life. Leslie's is an equal opportunity employer.
Why Choose Leslie's?
As the leading pool supply retailer in the nation, Leslie's recognizes that the most critical component to our continued success is our people. Our commitment to internal promotion ensures that the vast majority (85%) of all open positions are filled from talent within our company. We want you to view your time with Leslie's as an investment in your future that pays dividends along the way. The longer you stay with Leslie's the greater the opportunities and experiences you will gain.
Apply now and take advantage of Leslie's competitive salary. Additionally, we offer comprehensive and flexible benefit packages, including healthcare/dental/vision, paid vacation/sick time, paid holidays, 401K with a company match, team member discounts at our retail stores, and most importantly, career advancement opportunities!
Stop treading water, your career is here!
Leslie's Pool Supplies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website