Distribution Center safety precautions include a dedicated Safety Officer, temperature scans, frequent sanitizing, and masks and gloves for team members. Immediate employment opportunities.
Since 1963, we have aimed to deliver quality products through superior customer service. As a steadily growing organization, with a presence in 35 states, we recognize that the most critical component to our continued success is our people. And as such, there is nothing we value more than the development and growth of our team. Our internal promotion and advancement structure is unsurpassed: the vast majority of all open management positions are filled from talent within our company.
The Distribution Center Team works in active environments where trained employees receive and ship products all over the nation to our retail locations and commercial service centers. Opportunities include CDL driver, warehousing and packaging associates (full-time and seasonal), as well as supervisor and management level positions. Our 5 distribution centers are located in Ontario, CA; Dallas, TX; Hebron, KY; Swedesboro, NJ; and Orlando, FL
About the Opportunity
The Warehouse Associate 2 is responsible for the accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity. The Warehouse Associate will be required to perform various functions including receiver/checker, order filler/picker, forklift operator, and quality auditor. Further responsible include safe and efficient operation of any material handling equipment required to perform his/her daily functions.
A Warehouse Associate 2 has some experience in warehousing and can operate 1 or more pieces of equipment.
- Receiving/Put-Away - Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Prior to product storage, count all product, compare to manifest, and check all shipments for damage. Report shortages, damages, and mis-shipments on appropriate form and forward to supervisor. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas..
- Order Picking - Efficiently pick customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is selected. Carry or transport orders to proper staging locations.
- Quality - Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Loading - Efficiently move product from staging or storage areas into trailers. Ensure all product is safely stacked, wrapped and loaded in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Equipment - Safely and efficiently operate forklift or other material handling equipment as required, and assist in the loading or unloading of merchandise as needed. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, and storing functions as needed.
- Inventory - Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Safety/Sanitation/Security - Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the distribution center. Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Complete a forklift training course and operate material handling is an important skill
- Capable of sitting, standing, and walking for an extended period of time
- Follow direction
- Familiarity with computers and radio frequency equipment is beneficial
- High school diploma preferred
- 6 months warehouse experience preferred
- Background check and drug test required
Leslie's is committed to developing and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company and the communities we serve. A key aspect of building a great team is valuing ideas from many viewpoints, which is why we place a priority on identifying and hiring talented individuals from all backgrounds and perspectives.
Take advantage of our competitive compensation, extensive paid training, comprehensive and flexible suite of benefits package, 401K with company match, team member discounts, rewards for top performers, and most importantly career advancement opportunities.
Learn more about Leslies at LPM Jobs (lesliespool.com).
Apply on company website