DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**Now offering a $600.00 Sign-On Bonus for eligible hires**
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Lead Patient Care Technician.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Lead PCT to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia, in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University campus. LGHM is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) hospital and is a 146-bed acute care facility. Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer. SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of a Department Director, Nursing Clinical Coordinator, Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse: Accountable and Responsible for Clinical Judgment
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide patient care under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Maintains neat and organized work place.
- Assists with admission/transfer/discharge process.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
- Stays abreast of new information pertaining to hospital/unit function and policies.
- Adheres to hospital and unit policies
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Professionally resolves or seeks assistance for problems and conflict.
- Timely collaborates with the healthcare team to report critical information or change in condition.
- Completes annual educational requirements, and other specified learning activities on time.
- Demonstrates professional caring practices through sensitivity, respect, engagement, and assessing for patient and family satisfaction.
- Demonstrates AIDET principles (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You) with all patient and family interaction
- Promotes a safe and therapeutic atmosphere for patients, co-workers, other departments and customers.
- Promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and attentiveness utilizing hourly rounding tools and principles
- Promotes a culture of safety.
- Demonstrates and promotes hospital Mission, Vision, Philosophy and Key Results and Cultural beliefs.
- Communicates professionally with other team members and colleagues by following approved methods of communication as applicable.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Promote a work environment that is free from harassment.
- A professional role model within the community when representing the organization.
- High School Graduate or GED (preferred)
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Program (preferred)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Licensed by the Virginia State Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant (preferred)
- 1 year of experience as a Nursing Assistant in an acute care facility (preferred)
- Current enrollment in a professional nurse education program (preferred)
- Full-time (day shift)
- Weekend & Holiday requirements
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website