DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Anesthesia Tech for our Operating Rooom to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
Orders and monitors anesthetic agents inventory and equipment supplies.
- Maintains par levels and checks dates for any expiration. Prepares syringes with local anesthetic. Stocks supplies, drugs, and anesthetic agents as needed.
Meets with vendors to assess new products and equipment.
- Anticipates needs of anesthesia group and communicates needs to manager.
Changes anesthesia circuits, suction tubing, and canisters between cases.
- Disposes of contaminated supplies appropriately. Check to make sure all equipment is functioning after the change. Collects used LMA and blades. Completes assigned rooms and changes other rooms. Checks stock in anesthesia supply room and notifies appropriate person for reordering.
Cleans anesthesia machines and equipment carts, and keeps them properly stocked.
- Follows up on any repairs to make sure machine has been cleared for use. Ensures that all machines get proper services by working closely with Biomed. Anesthesia machines are cleaned appropriately according to Infection Control Guidelines after each case. Keeps OR rooms stocked and clean. Maintains par levels at all times. Machine checks are done every morning before schedule begins.
Maintains infusion pumps open heart supplies inventory.
- Inventory of open heart supplies is done on a regular schedule to make sure supplies are always available. Works to reduce inventory and delete items not used. Maintains infusion pump inventory and sends Infusion pumps to Biomed for regular inspections.
- Is able to set up any case that would come to the OR. Checks holding area and restocks supplies as needed. Assures that hangers are full with IV bags and lines. Works to ensure that equipment preferred by anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists is available when needed. All necessary equipment and supplies are ready for every case with no delays. Accuchek control test done every morning. Anticipates any conflict of equipment needs and works to resolve before case begins.
Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and in-services.
- Maintains current BLS status; completes mandatory educational requirements. Attends staff meetings on scheduled work days. Reviews minutes of meetings held on non-scheduled work days. Keeps skills checklist up to date. Pursues continuing education in-services and job related seminars.
Communicates effectively with staff, peers, physicians and other departments.
- Maintains open communication to all team members and other hospital personnel. Communicates in a positive manner. Utilizes appropriate channels of communication. Communicates accurate and appropriate information concerning patient's needs. Identifies and assists in departmental issues. Is consistently positive, no matter what the situation. Is a role model to peers. Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and professional attitude at all times when relating with patient, families and co-workers.
- Associate's Degree (preferred)
- 1 + year (s) of experience in a Healthcare setting (preferred)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from an accredited agency upon hire (required)
- Day Shift
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website