DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus Available!**
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization in the U.S? Join HCA's StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
LewisGale Medical Center, a 506-bed acute care facility, is a part of LewisGale Regional Health System, which is comprised of four hospitals spanning across the Southwest Virginia region. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) system, one of the nation's largest and leading healthcare systems. We are ranked among top hospitals in Virginia for benchmarked quality cancer care and patient safety, satisfaction, and health outcomes. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care. Most importantly, our healthcare family is community focused and dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life by putting our patients first.
Additional Information about our Pulmonary/Renal Unit:
- You will work on a 33 bed medical unit.
- RNs in the will benefit from a culture of nursing autonomy as well as nursing protocols to initiate treatment on patients quickly
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience and high quality of care.
Click here to learn about our culture at LGMC!
We are currently hiring for our February and Summer 2022 Cohorts!
HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11 Week Orientation:
- 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
- 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an extensive total compensation and benefits package. In addition to job security and the reputability that comes with HCA, your benefits will include a competitive salary, 401k with 3-9% matching, paid time off, extended FMLA, four medical plan options, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount programs, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, and more.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
Check us out on Facebook!
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website