DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Multi Skilled Tech for our Behavioral Health Unit to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program, and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes.
More specifically, our Behavioral Health Unit offers hope, help, encouragement and support for individuals with emotional, behavioral and mental health needs, including depression, chemical dependency such as drug or alcohol addiction, anxiety and many other issues. Individuals receive the best quality care through specialized services in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments. Also, our programs cover a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for adolescents age 13 and up, adults, impaired professionals and some geriatric patients.
See additional information about this unit our website http://lewisgale.com/service/mental-health.
Our Behavioral Health Unit:
- Patient turn over ranges from 3 – 7 days
- Provide the use of a gym, art room, and private consultation rooms for patient needs
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders have a passion for supporting team members in reaching their professional goals, maintaining a teamwork atmosphere, and delivering excellent patient care
Our Multi Skilled Technicians work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care. You will deliver high quality, patient-centered care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide patient care under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform all patient record and transcription activities; Maintains patient record according to hospital policy.
- Interpretation of basic arrhythmias (Monitor Tech Only).
- Maintains neat and organized work space.
- Maintains unit supplies and forms.
- Assists with admission/transfer/discharge process.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
- Stays abreast of new information pertaining to hospital/unit function and policies.
- Adheres to hospital and unit policies.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Identifies cardiac arrhythmias or irregularities and notifies the RN or Charge Nurse.
- Satisfactory completion of Basic Cardiac EKG Class (required)
- College-level coursework (preferred)
- Previous experience in healthcare setting (required)
- Previous monitor technician experience (preferred)
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare Provider (required)
- Completion of Nursing Assistant Course (offered onsite) upon hire or within 30 days of hire (required)
- Full Time (12 hour shifts)
- Weekend & Holiday Requirements
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website