LMC Lexington - Administration
PT (20 hours) 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM, weekend rotations
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
Performs full range of basic and specialty cleaning tasks in area of assignment to maintain a healthy, clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for patients, visitors, and other staff members and in compliance with local, state and federal regulation and requirements.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Education: None
- Minimum Years of Experience: None
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None
- Required Certifications/Licensure: None
- Required Training:
- Must be able to read, understand, and carry out written guidelines, procedures and other material;
- Must be able to interpret and follow labeled direction associated with use of cleaning products and other items;
- Must be able to comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions and requests in a manner to accomplish tasks in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Must be able to understand and use computer operations associated with review and approval of personal time, accomplishing annual on-line mandatory training and updating personal information in the hospital computer database.
- Maintains an optimistic, professional, career oriented demeanor:
- Follows the Hospital Service Expectations Policy
- Exemplifies excellent customer relations with patients, visitors, physicians and other staff
- Serves as a positive role model for others
- Performs full range cleaning tasks in area of assignment including but not limited to:
- High and low dusting, wall washing, fixture cleaning, dust and damp mopping of floors, vacuuming and spot cleaning carpet etc. in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Selecting, measuring and mixing various cleaning solutions and chemicals and using automatic dispensing systems for solution preparation as needed for the job to be done.
- Assembling materials' supplies and equipment needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Returning, cleaning and properly storing all items in the proper storage area when done.
- Servicing dispensers with paper and soap products.
- Removing, transporting and disposing of solid waste, sharps, regulated medical waste and pharmaceutical drug waste in accordance with proper protocol.
- Carries out hospital and departmental support functions including but not limited to:
- Exercising safe work habits to protect self and others from job related accidents and/or injuries.
- Proper handling, monitoring and safeguarding of communication devices (pager or hospital phone) throughout the work shift.
- Remaining observant of area conditions and initiating action for submitting work orders when needs indicate.
- Maintaining a positive attendance record by reporting to work on time and as scheduled on a regular basis.
- Clocking and signing on and off duty on a consistent and regular basis according to department protocol.
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of personal role in case of disaster, job and fire safety, equipment care and use of Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Performs cleaning duties in any area of the hospital or associated areas such as Surgery, Patient Units, Emergency Department, Clinical Areas, Administrative Areas and Physician Practices.
- Understands population diversity and demonstrates competence when interacting with non-English speaking individuals and those of other cultures.
- Adjusts to and considers patients and guests from all age groups and those with special needs such as being hearing impaired etc. in the performance of duties.
- Attends in-service education programs and other sessions to improve cleaning knowledge and personal skills.
- Performs special job tasks such as but not limited to the following depending on area of assignment:
- Patient room care (occupied, discharge/transfer and or unoccupied rechecks) and in response to the Bed Tracking System.
- Responding to STAT bed cleaning needs in an expedient and timely manner.
- Responding to end of shift bed cleaning needs to avoid leaving beds for oncoming shift unnecessarily.
- Following proper and safe protocol in accomplishment of hard floor projects (stripping, scrubbing, refinishing and burnish of hard floors).
- Following proper and safe protocol in accomplishment of carpet care projects (bonnet shampooing and extracting of carpeted surfaces).
- Cleaning upholstery.
- Participating in the movement and arrangement of furniture to include setting up classrooms and other areas for special events, training sessions, blood drives and other activities as needs dictate.
- Receiving, processing and distributing microfiber products (mops and cloths), traditional cleaning items (mops and rags) and other specialty items (sleep study linen, shower curtains, slings, etc.) as needs arise.
- Operation of basic laundry equipment and processing of laundered items.
- Maintaining cleanliness and good order of work area including washers and dryers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website