Job Summary: This is a project leadership role. These projects support both the day-to-day operations of keeping the lights on but also encourage innovation and improvement of the corporate infrastructure. The ideal candidate will implement automation, instrumentation, and rely on technical experience to make decisions and scale our infrastructure to support our healthcare business.
- Strong project management skills.
- Lead and manage complex technical projects with cross-functional team's members.
- Act as backup to other members of the Technical Services team.
- Designs and implements O365 and Azure policies, configurations, and security strategies.
- Analyzes environmental and equipment configurations for critical corporate resources; recommends disaster avoidance measures and improved backup capabilities. Periodically reviews changes in corporate resources with the management of those areas to assure the effectiveness of the recovery procedures and backup capabilities.
- Provides escalated technical support that could require 24/7 on-call on-site presence (server, Cloud, or network equipment failure), including data backup recovery.
- Performs complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations in cooperation with Desktop Support and in accordance with established SLAs.
- Identifies emerging technologies and makes recommendations for system innovation.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Assist with on-site and Cloud website deployments and administration in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Administer, maintain, develop and recommend policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company's infrastructure
- Participate in technology evaluations, related projects, and make recommendations.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide support per request from various departments. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedure documentation.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Proactively monitor the production environment and related resource utilization.
- Five years' hands-on experience in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Three to five years' hands-on experience managing and maintaining a virtualized client server environment.
- Three years hands-on networking and security experience.
- Prior experience administrating an Azure environment.
- Experience working in a regulated PCI/HIPAA environment is a plus.
- Competency in backup schemes and disaster recovery
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Personal Relationships
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Training Skills
- HP servers and chassis
- HP/Aruba Switches
- Juniper Firewall
- Mitel Phone System
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft IIS Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
Apply on company website