UP Health System Portage invites qualified BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeons to join our team of 3 providers caring for patients across 4 counties.
About the position:
- 100% Market Share – be as busy as you want to be.
- Employed practice.
- 80% outpatient and 20% inpatient mix
- Collegial and supportive practice environment
- Target patient load average of 24 patients per day
- After hours call shared with surgeons and APP
- Clinic EMR: Athena
- Hospital EMR: Meditech Magic
- Clinic staffed with 2 nurses, 2 athletic trainers, shared MA and 3 shared clerical staff.
- Clinic located on main hospital campus in Hancock, MI.
Clinic Setting: clinic is set within the main hospital campus situated near lab, radiology, operating room, and emergency department.
- Volume 20-30 patients per day, depending on practice style.
- Current practice consists of 2 part-time Orthopedic surgeons and 1 Physician Assistant with opportunity for growth to support 2 fulltime surgeons with APP support.
- Livable On-Call Requirement: 10 days Orthopedic call per month to support Level III trauma center, rotated weekdays (Monday - Thursday 7:00pm-7:00am) and weekend (Friday 7:00pm – Monday 7:00am) call duties.
- Each Orthopedic surgeon to have full day OR block with Thursday's as additional Orthopedic block time.
- Typical room turnover time is 25 minutes.
- Opportunity to build in OR day(s) to utilize both rooms for maximum efficiency.
- Equipment available in OR: HANA table, Jackson fracture and flat-top, hip spica, S&N arthroscopy, Olympus scopes, Synthes fracture and Zimmer hemi (uni and bipolar) and total in-house with excellent Rep service.
- Full-service Anesthesia available on site offering full variety of blocks.
The Community With small communities and big ideas, Michigan's Upper Peninsula is the perfect place for people to explore their many interests. Visit the art galleries, and museums, walk along the beaches of Lake Superior, hike, bike, and explore the beautiful nature trails. Wrap yourself up in a blanket of bright stars, clean air, and open water.
Hancock is a community that brings together small-town values, rich history, and a four-season wonderland for outdoor enthusiasts — without the long commute times or congested highways. The Keweenaw is home to two universities — Michigan Technological University and Finlandia University. The community benefits from the diversity, culture and high standards of living contributed to our small town. We often call the Keweenaw the "Copper Country" because of the amount of natural "float" copper found in the area. In fact, at 90% pure, much of the copper is the purest copper in the world.
Apply on company website