Job Description Overview
Our Company: The Smyth Apartments
At LMC, it's all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and vitality. From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, LMC Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home. Above all else, we are committed to quality, communication, and integrity. Sure, we map out blueprints and communities, but we also map out careers. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and one of the top 2019 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Performs various maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community. Handles service requests for repairs and improvements of vacant apartment homes to a market-ready status. Works as a team participant along with the other maintenance team members to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by LMC Living.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community's maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Completes documentation and other paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities. Some examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Complies with Company's safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the community's routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assists in conducting routine and periodic community inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the community in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the community to management.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues appropriately.
- Participate in on-going training by Service Supervisor and other resources as needed and/or required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in property management maintenance or equivalent experience.
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling (Applies to Certified Service Technicians).
- Must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service Technicians).
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with co-workers, residents, vendors, and other business contacts. Respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
- Literate with computer programs and word processing software.
This is a position which requires the Service Technician frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. independently and 50 lbs. with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Associates must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes “on-call” work shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply on company website