Accountant II (Property Management Accountant)
This position will be responsible to perform key accounting functions to include monthly and quarterly accrual financial reporting, financial analysis, maintaining accurate ledger balances including all balance sheet accounts, accrual journal entries, bill processing, receipt processing and bank depositing for the commercial property management portfolio. Further, this position will serve as a back up to the PM Accounting management team for certain tasks to include, but not limited to, weekly cash reporting, bank positive pay files, monitoring fee and deposit reports for actionable activities, reviewing diagnostic reports to resolve accounting discrepancies, bank reconciliations and other tasks as assigned for the residential single family property management portfolio.
This position is deadline driven and requires the ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Preparation of commercial financial statements on accrual basis; preparation of monthly commercial tenant statements; commercial budgets
- Responsible for managing data integrity in the commercial property management data base with the ability to analyze information to prevent inaccuracies
- Reconcile checkbook transactions; prepare bank reconciliations, provide the final review of commercial and residential transactions
- Interact with executives to report highly sensitive corporate data displaying excellent oral and written skills
- Create and post journal entries; Review and reconcile general ledger balances; review and correct tenant ledgers, owner statements and work orders. Review and approve security deposit dispositions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience in the Property Management industry to include experience with real estate accounting transactions is preferred
- 2-4 years staff accounting experience
- Experience with property management software is preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
We are a company that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website