Under the direction of the Sr. Manager for Quality Control, the Quality Control Underwriter will;
- Assist in performing and completing an independent underwriting 2nd Full Underwrite review of all files selected for Quality Review and determines the final decision or action taken in accordance with PHM, Agency and Investor requirements.
- Assist in performing pre-close audits for loans in accordance with Fannie, Freddie, and FHA guidelines and the PHM's Quality Control Plan.
- Communicate effectively with key personnel in other departments or Operations Branch to obtain responses to findings noted during the audit. Recommendations can be developed independently or through a collaborative process with the audited department or Operations branch
- Provide for effective communication of audit findings by preparing a report on the results of the audit. These written reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely. These reports are presented and discussed with the applicable managers of the audited department.
- Follow up on outstanding audit items and recommendations (including those performed by Senior Quality Control Manager) to determine satisfactory disposition in a timely manner.
- Provide consulting services in the areas of internal control standards and operational policies and procedures with management, where appropriate.
- Assist in the audit planning process. This includes defining needed audits and performing risk analysis in accordance with department procedure. Assist in allocating available department resources to planned projects.
- Assist in the department strategic planning process. Work with the Senior Quality Control Manager to develop and implement department strategic plans and action steps that support the corporate strategic plans.
- If applicable, assist the external auditors on mutually agreed upon audit procedures.
- Assume or perform additional duties as they arise, cross train within the quality control section of the department and be responsive to the needs of the entire department.
- Four plus years of processing and/or closing experience.
- Two plus years of Consumer Lending experience in a judgmental environment where scoring models were used primarily as a guidance tool.
- One plus years of Consumer Lending experience in Government Lending.
We are a company that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website