RGS Title, LLC is a premiere settlement services company in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with a reputation as an industry leader for more than 20 years.
Our success is a consequence of timely, superior customer service, and that service is only made possible by our employees' excellent work ethic, dedication and genuine concern for our clients and our customers.
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer the best benefits package in the industry. We promote from within and quickly recognize and reward excellence!
RGS Title, LLC has an opportunity for a Settlement Processor to join us in our Logan Circle - Washington, DC location.
The Settlement Processor is responsible for pre-closing, coordination with lenders, preparing closing statements, issuing title policies, preparation and recording of documents and making appropriate disbursements associated with the settlement and post-closing.
- Assists Settlement Closer by ordering all documentation needed to process a real estate closing, including, but not limited to: loan payoffs, surveys, title abstracts, title commitments, preparation of deeds, and judgements. Contacts seller for additional documentation to include: deed, termite, and water/sewer reports as required. Contacts buyer for additional documentation to include hazard insurance, survey, and homeowner associate information as required.
- Opens and monitors files on computer software as well as a hard copy in file folder. May use checklists, such as the Conveyance Worksheet to ensure all tasks have been completed.
- Works with Settlement Closer to clear requirements on title commitments.
- Schedules closing with lender and processes settlement package for closing. Prepares title insurance commitments and forwards to lender along with closing service letter, settlement notice, wiring instructions, and tax information. Prepares additional documentation for settlements to include: initial HUD-1, deed, seller's affidavit, seller's exempt form or Form 1099, payoff letters, purchaser affidavit, and deed registration. Reviews package and title binder for any unresolved issues.
- After settlement, assists Settlement Closer to schedule documents to be recorded, disburses funds and returns completed loan package to lender.
- Provides documentation to title insurance agent for preparation of final title policies.
- Procures and records releases for Deed of Trusts.
- Provides documentation to all parties in the transaction as requested.
- Acts as backs-up to the Settlement Closer in settlement meetings in the event that the settlement closer is unavailable, based on business needs.
- Answers phones and provides informed response to callers.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Time Off (17 days per year to start!)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefits Program (Health and Dependent Care)
- Must have 2 years title specific or similar experience
- Have title industry software knowledge (Ramquest preferred)
- Be a Notary or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Be a licensed title agent or ability to become licensed within 90 days
- Must be a quick learner, able to adapt easily to fast-paced, high volume environment
- Above average people skills with strong customer support orientation is necessary
- Ability to multi-task effectively, particularly in stressful situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Notary Public Certification preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Outlook)
Apply on company website