Senior Human Resources Business Partner – Los Angeles
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner provides a broad range of strategic HR services to leaders within the business area(s) they support. Works in partnership with management/executives to address operational, talent, and talent lifecycle–related issues, including change management, organizational development, culture, employee relations, workforce planning, talent growth, development, and coaching. Proactively translates business strategies into HR solutions that best enable the organization/hospital to meet strategic objectives. Possesses a deep understanding of the business model, diagnoses organizational needs, connects and deploys team capabilities, and consults with client groups on operational strategies to improve business performance through people.
- Provides subject matter expert guidance to clients in managing labor (if applicable) and employee relations, to include but not limited to the following: performance management, investigations, discipline, grievances, and contract negotiations. Mediates conflict and supports constructive resolutions. Provides thoughtful and accurate HR policy and contract interpretation, to include balancing risk and business needs.
- Actively engages with clients to develop deep understanding of business operations and strategy in order to best anticipate and recommend effective HR strategy and practice aligned with the business/hospital. Gathers metrics and uses data analytics to understand and identify business issues and drive recommendations.
- In collaboration with Compensation and Recruiting, assists clients in talent forecasting and management, organization re-design/ re-structuring, development of position descriptions, position classification, and salary recommendations. Participates in candidate screening and selection process for key positions.
- Acts as change catalyst and leader. Identifies organizational issues that limit effectiveness and collaborates with management and/or HR to develop and deliver practical solutions. Seeks out opportunities to support the organization toward continuing to evolve to a high-performance culture. Partners with leadership to effectively move the organization through significant change such as growth, restructuring and process improvement.
- Identifies and facilitates development opportunities in the organization, to include management training, one-on-one coaching, and development of employee engagement strategies, orientation and on-boarding. Coaches and develops leaders and managers to deliver people-management capabilities.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience. Master's Degree preferred. Healthcare experience preferred.
Minimum Experience: 5 years of Human Resources experience as an HR Generalist/Business Partner. Two (2) years experien working in a union environment (only for hospitals with employees under CBA). Demonstrated knowledge of Federal, State and Local employment law. Ability to establish credibility, trust and influence with senior leaders. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all levels of the organization. Exceptional written communication skills. Ability to work well independently and in a team environment. Computer literacy and proficiency.
Req. Certification/Licensure: PHR or SPHR preferred.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: HR, HRBP, Leadership, Talent Management, Hospital Operations, Business Operations, Compensation, Recruiting, coaching, development, training.
Apply on company website