Req ID: 144310
BASIC PURPOSE: Responsible for all the modeling, pricing and analytics around project development activities in the Business Development group. Additionally, this role will also aid the Business Line Leaders by analyzing their business performance and helping them to shape business strategies for the future. This person will manage and lead a small team of analysts to create, monitor and critically analyze data that supports business development initiatives across Musket business lines, as well as coordination of activities with various internal counterparts in Oklahoma City corporate offices.
- Oversee the Structuring and Analytics team that spans across multiple commodity lines
- Understanding the Business Development Process as practiced at Musket.
- Work with the Musket organization to filter new business development opportunities in a quick and efficient manner.
- Develop methods, standards and processes to efficiently and effectively screen new business opportunities and projects.
- Originate new ideas and deal flow to generate growth in top and bottom line new business opportunities.
- Working to ensure effective performance reporting, KPI's and PnL's are in place, current and effective.
- Identifying best practice processes and systems and working to implement those
- Aid in shaping strategies and developing business plans within Musket
- Identify and offer strategies and models to Manage Major Risks in structured deals.
- Manage a comprehensive budgeting and forecasting model for Musket and various business lines
- Evaluate new transaction opportunities by building financial models, researching inputs, analyzing industry trends, participating in due diligence, developing supply demand tools, etc
- Create a partnership with deal originators and trading teams – teamwork is very important
- Design and/or validate existing valuation models for deals and hard-to-value securities
- Communicate and present investment decisions, development updates and group performance to various customers including upper management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree required
- MBA, Finance, Mathematics, or Engineering background a plus
- Prefer work experience in refined products, renewable products (RNG, RD, Ethanol, DEF, CNG) and energy commodities and trading activities.
- Strong consideration for candidates with history of deal structuring and pricing, M&A project work, financial model creation and deal negotiation experience.
- Strong teamwork skills and experiences
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Strong capabilities in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint, building financial models. Basic understanding of Income Statements and other financial statements.
- Soft Skills: Good written and oral communication skills, team player, exceptional customer service, attention to detail, self-motivated, good time management skills, innovative thinking and ability to think outside the box, and excellent attention to detail.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Musket
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Apply on company website