PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in capturing all financial activities in accounting records to enable accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This includes responsibility for conducting effective research, managing, tracking, and reporting on various international, federal, state, local obligations, and accounting transactions to ensure accounting records are correct. In addition, this role supports the execution of internal controls over financial and regulatory reporting, by applying accounting judgment and knowledge of basic GAAP and regulatory requirements in daily activity.
- Executes financial activities in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on activities that are more complex in nature and require and understanding and application of basic GAAP accounting principles or taxing jurisdictions regulatory requirements
- Performs analysis (i.e. historical, forecasting, impact, etc.) and reconciliations to support monthly, quarterly or annual closing cycles according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations, with review from senior roles where needed
- Prepares and evaluates reports or returns to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
- Researches various financial activities to identify issues, explaining findings to senior accountants, managers, and directors to determine resolution
- Maintains appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for accounting transactions and entries
- Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment
- Supporting and/or leading projects and enhancements to accounting systems including documentation, testing and training
- Works with systems and processes within applicable area of operation to complete and process accounting transactions
- Reviews job procedures consistently to identify potential improvements that will increase the accuracy and efficiency of all assigned tasks
- Works with external (regulatory and third party) auditors for transactions to provide required data and information to ensure accuracy and alignment
- Facilitating SOX testing, assisting in audit documentation, and preparing account reconciliations and related forecasts
- Touchpoint for SSC-B including transaction escalations, process documentation maintenance, and on-going training
- H.S. Diploma Required; 4+ years of experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience
- Intermediate skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
- Demonstrated understanding of basic GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field; 2+ years of experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience OR
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field; No Experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience.
- Lowe's finance or accounting experience
- Experience with SOX controls and testing
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website