PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to support the development and execution of the company's inorganic growth strategy. This position works within the Enterprise Strategy team to develop and deliver multi-year business strategies and delivery of key corporate development initiatives, including M&A.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with and influences SVP, VP, and director-level stakeholders and their support functions to accelerate corporate development initiatives.
- Leads identification and evaluation of potential acquisition or partnership opportunities that will drive strategic priorities forward. Proactively networks externally to gain market insights and identify opportunities.
- Leads end-to-end M&A and partnership process, including defining strategic rationale, creation of investment memo and development of valuation models, presenting findings and recommendations to executive-level stakeholders. Seeks and incorporates input from deal team, executive sponsors, and key business owners.
- Manages deal execution team, consisting of functional and business leaders, while directing external resources, including investment bankers and accounting firms, through due diligence process and integration planning. Works alongside legal counsel to negotiate transaction terms and definitive agreements.
- Translates specific strategic initiatives into project plans; owns development and delivery of project workplan, taking a hypothesis-driven approach to develop, to execute and deliver on multi-year growth and performance improvement strategies. Oversees, assigns tasks, and provides guidance to more junior team members supporting the project to ensure delivery of their assigned focus areas.
- Assembles, directs, and leads cross-functional teams of business leaders, strategist, and industry experts.
- Support and trains junior resources in all aspects of M&A process, including valuation, modeling and transaction execution.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of the enterprise and functional areas; continually monitors and evaluates competitive landscape to identify innovative opportunities to create new value.
- Structures and presents impactful, highly visible executive-level presentations summarizing actionable insights and recommendations.
- Develops strong internal relationships with stakeholders across the business to provide ongoing advisory support and gain the stakeholder buy-in necessary for the successful execution of the agreed upon plans.
- Takes ownership and leads internal strategy team initiatives such as recruiting strategies, learning and development initiatives, and other ways to enrich development and partnership within the organization.
- Mentors and supports junior team members within Enterprise Strategy, providing support on assigned projects and may directly manage.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, Economics, or a similar field
- 7 years' experience in investment banking, corporate development, or M&A-related role or 7 years' experience in managing or advising large, complex organizations
- Master's degree in Management, Business Administration, or a similar field
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter. #LI-81LJOH
Apply on company website