The Director, UX builds, develops, and leads the organization\'s UX Design team which includes Designers, Researchers, Content Strategists, and Engineers. Partnering with Product Management and the overall Technology group, this role provides overall leadership to ensure the creative direction and experience of all aspects of the UX portfolio supports user needs and helps deliver on business objectives.
This role helps develop the user experience strategy for Lowe\'s and works through the UX management team, along with others throughout Technology, to ensure that all design strategies and standards are being applied consistently across projects and that a consistent look and feel, and overall quality user experience is being applied to products built and deployed by the Technology organization.
This individual manages people which includes responsibility for setting individual and team expectations, delegating assignments and managing performance, identifying talent needs, and coaching and developing team members.
- Owns and develops internal design methodologies and processes
- Evolves design methodologies and processes with changing industry trends, tools and technologies
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure effective and inclusive process development
- Sets direction on the consistency and quality of work across a wide scope of projects – varying in size from portfolio level to platform level
- Owns the attributes related to the user experience including journey mapping, design style, content, and interaction
- Manages a two-way dialogue between the design team and leadership as well as Technology and business partners
- Provides insightful, tactical direction to teams; coaches and develops managers on the team
- Develops and advances team at both the individual and group level
- Manages the department budget and resource allocation
- Creates and communicates the 2-3 year roadmap and vision for the UX team
- Provides leadership to the team by attracting and hiring talented individuals, setting goals and communicating clear expectations, providing timely and constructive feedback as well as meaningful developmental opportunities, managing performance, providing resources and support as needed, and sponsoring and leading team members through change
- Promotes UX within the company; builds a culture among peers and cross-functional partners where the organization expects a high level of quality and consistency across user experiences along with a track record of always meeting customer expectations
- Bachelor\'s degree in a related field
- 10 years of experience in UX Design, Product Management, or related area
- Experience leading a large-scale team/project within an Agile environment
- 5 years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Apply on company website