The principle purpose of the Manager- Finance – Global FP&A is to provide analyses and insights that identify the drivers of financial performance. This role focused on the US Home Improvement Business and will work closely with the Group Finance Officer (GFO) teams (Merchandising, Supply Chain, Store Operations,Shared Services), Lowe's Bangalore Center of Expertise (COE), and the finance systems team to deliver insightful, proactive and timely financial analysis and reporting.
- Prepare and review weekly USHI financial statements and enhance our weekly reporting processes through collaboration with functional teams and the finance systems team
- Design and enhance the functionality of our forecasting systems (TM-1/PAX) based on discussions with GFO teams, finance systems teams, and business partners
- Design and develop modeling processes to enhance weekly/monthly actualization of results working cross functionally with the business and respective GFO teams.
- Manage the risks and opportunities process to maintain a current financial outlook for the complete USHI business.
- Play an integral part in completing monthly and quarterly executive reporting packages (e.g., MBM, Quarterly Board of Directors Materials, etc.) to provide decision useful analyses and commentary in a timely manner.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis, as requested, to understand key performance drivers and takeaways for certain events/periods/events.
- Partner with the business to complete monthly/quarterly forecasting activities based on in depth knowledge of historical financial performance and expectations for the business going forward.
To accomplish this, the Manager-Finance must have solid knowledge of financial theory, accounting concepts, and preferably a detailed knowledge of Lowe's systems/processes.This individual must be able to work effectively within a matrixed organization and demonstrate the ability to influence and interact with various levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 4+ years' experience in finance, accounting or analytical role
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Master's degree in a related field (e.g. MBA, MS Finance, MS Accounting)
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, TM1, Hyperion/Essbase, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, Alteryx, SQL)
- 1+ year of experience with financial forecasting or analytic modeling
- Retail Industry and/or FP&A experience
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website