PURPOSE OF ROLE
The HCMS Analyst is responsible for working closely with client groups on system support and reporting. Works closely with Senior Analyst and Consultants on system updates and system enhancements. Analyzes business system needs from end users and implements, maintains, and supports user applications as assigned. This position will also update and maintain assigned system tables in Human Resource, Learning and Talent Information Systems. The analyst will work with administrators and users in troubleshooting system issues or errors.
- Assists in measuring the effectiveness of the systems for the major employee populations by designing, developing and publishing reports.
- Establishes and maintains design standards for system reporting functions.
- Creates and supports reporting data architecture and view creation with advanced reporting techniques (such as SAS, SQL, Crystal, etc.)
- Develops and maintains reporting applications, menus and access restrictions for system reports. Administrates report scheduling and push management.
- Researches, designs and schedules standardized reports, or creates ad hoc reports or data queries utilizing appropriate tools and systems.
- Ensures reporting capabilities support the needs of business.
- Responds to any complex or confidential reporting requirements from senior management. Proactively identifies any new reporting requirements.
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio and Project
- Performs a variety of system related functions for the supported HR system.
- Researches and responds to user problems related to system.
- Acts as the first level of help desk for any user issue.
- Collects necessary documentation from the user, troubleshoots the problem to determine if the problem is training, configuration, or software defect.
- Coordinates with necessary parties to resolve any issues/defects.
- Provides coaching to the user if the problem is determined to be user error.
- Serves as the primary interface between the user community and systems team to insure understanding and usage of HR System.
- Monitors reporting system for user process compliance and data integrity; identifies trends, unusual patterns and gaps in relevant data and insures missing data is identified and rectified in a timely manner.
- Supports Senior Analyst and/or Consultant on special projects related to the testing, documentation, piloting, deployment, and communication of new functionality and system enhancements.
- Monitors compliance with HCMS systems and programs as prescribed by Lowe's business needs and internal partners.
- Proactively ensures tools, pages, security, and other components of the system are present and that program logistics run smoothly.
- Assess, implement and manage System needs for all client groups.
- Observes system performance and make changes and recommendations to ensure optimal performance. Provides subject matter expertise for documentation on system functionality, administration, processes, and procedures.
- Provides user support through email support, performs issue research and provide timely resolution. Informs system users regarding system functionality updates and enhancements, existing and new processes, and best practices.
- Creates, develops and delivers training to users via HCMS system, online technical documentation, and job aids.
- Knowledge of web design software such as Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Fireworks Flash, and HTML
- Advanced knowledge of database architecture (SAS, SQL, Crystal, etc.)
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management Systems such as SuccessFactors and PeopleSoft
- Learns new technology quickly
- Constantly learning new technology through self-learning
- Knowledge of business process associated with the supporting application (i.e. Recruiting, Learning, Payroll, Benefits).
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree with a minimum of five years relevant experience Must have experience in field Instructional Design, Industrial Organizational Development, Organization Development, or Human Resource
- Must have a three to five years of experience supporting a Human Capital Management Systems such as SuccessFactors, PeopleSoft, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with System Implementations, upgrade, re-implementations, etc.
- Strong attention to detail ensuring data integrity
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Computer Science or related field
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website