As a Manager of IT Solutions you will lead and empower agile development teams with cross-functional skills to design, build and support harmonized and exciting products that provide a delightful experience to our associates and customers. You will leverage your deep technical skills and experience as a thought leader to drive innovative problem solving and influence the technical design and direction of your products. You will encourage a positive work culture with a high degree of communication and collaboration. You will coach your reports and help them reach their career goals. You will partner with key stakeholders including product management, architecture, infrastructure, security and networking teams in the Stores portfolio and across the enterprise. Keys to success include deep technical expertise with strong recent hands-on experience.
- Oversees the translation of business requirements and functional specifications in logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions
- Manages a team of software engineers in the development, configuration and modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions
- Provides oversight in the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions
- Manages execution of work aligned to product backlog
- Controls risks by analyzing and identifying trigger events, establishing contingency plans and recommending ways to mitigate future risks
- Ensures the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse stakeholders by building and maintaining trusting relationships with internal customers
- Ensures code, product quality and enforces best practices and design patterns
- Roll-up sleeves as and when necessary to code, design and architect solutions and POCs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
- 8+ years IT experience
- 5+ years' experience in Software Development or related field and working on projects involving the implementation of software development lifecycles
- 3+ years' experience providing technical direction, thought leadership, mentoring to project or technical team members and database technologies
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
- 2+ years' experience in a supervisory, leadership role, managing operational and/or financial budgets
- 3+ years' experience building, designing and leading product development leveraging micro-services and APIs
- Experience with or exposure to Kafka / ActiveMQ, Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years' experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library, application and integration middleware, working with defect or incident tracking software and working with source code control systems
- 5+ years' experience developing and implementing systems within an organization, managing systems analysis, working with third-party vendors and management experience in the retail industry
- 3+ years' experience in leading teams in multiple geographies leveraging Agile development methodologies
- 1+ years IT Consulting experience
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website