PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to support payroll strategy and provide guidance to employees and other HR functions as an expert in matters related to Payroll processing, systems, and wage and tax laws. This includes performing specialized tasks related to the analysis, execution, and support of payroll operations, as well as assisting with process improvement and execution of special projects. To accomplish this, the Payroll Analyst must have a strong understanding of complex payroll functions and compliance requirements, as well as an understanding of payroll's impact on the general ledger, benefits and human resources.
Helps to provide guidance to employees and other HR functions in matters related to Payroll processing, systems, and wage and tax laws. Helps build payroll strategy. Engages in interactive process with employees as well as Tier 2 Payroll Operations to help review and resolve escalated payroll issues. Responsible for specialized tasks such as W-2 processing, payroll calendar creation, GL maintenance, earnings & deductions maintenance, settlement processing, etc. with minimal oversight. Understands and keeps abreast of all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements and ensures tasks are performed in accordance with these requirements. Ensures payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times. Uses sound judgement in escalating cases to the Payroll Manager when compliance requirements are not met. Supports creation of dashboards and metrics that reflect payroll activities to communicate with the manager by running and analyzing reports and providing insight in regards to findings in the data. Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles payroll and other payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures. Performs audits and validations of payroll transactions. Examines and verifies payroll related data for accuracy and consistency and provides insight into the reason behind discrepancies. Responsible for ensuring timely processing of funding & distribution, W-2 processing, settlement processing, and termination pay for Immediate Pay States. Researches and provides recommendations for Payroll and Time & Attendance Vendor Selection. Ensures that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- H.S. Diploma4+ Experience in Payroll
- 4+ Previous experience in Payroll required, preferably for a large multi-state US company as a supervisor or manager
- 4+ Experience with payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements.4+ Demonstrate an advanced understanding of payroll transactions related to global mobility, benefits administration, leave administration, equity compensation, and savings plans
- 4+ Experience successfully managing multiple priorities & projects through successful delivery & implementation under time, budget, and political pressure
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Business or other related fields preferred
- 2+ years experience in Payroll Or Master's Degree in Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Business or other related fields preferred
- Experience with an ERP system (Workday preferred)
- A professional certification is desirable.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website