As a Principal Engineer of the SRE team, you will work on our mission-critical eCommerce platforms, tools, to ensure the highest levels of availability and reliability of all our applications. This will require you to maintain high site uptime/availability while embracing rapid change and growth using a strong Devops mindset of continuous delivery and site automation. Our SRE team is furnished with a standout opportunity to build tools, frameworks, and cloud platforms that will support our company's growth over the next decade. This role requires deep technical knowledge, adaptability, hands on execution, and a ruthless drive towards higher levels of availability and resiliency. This will require you to define our standards for monitoring, alerting, scalability, and production-readiness. You will also help with CDN implementation, Site Speed performance engineering aspects of our eCommerce platform and services.
• Design, build and operate Cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of microservices with effective monitoring and resilient operations.
• Work with engineering domain teams to make sure the applications are production ready, scalable, and reliable from the grounds up.
• Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation, management, and visibility of services.
• Establish end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical components of the services.
• Leads SRE team to conduct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues.
• Lead SRE design reviews and work cross-functionally with Domain Engineering teams on operational readiness.
• Partners closely with enterprise architecture and infrastructure teams to support key business applications.
• Drives SRE engineers for process improvements and automation opportunities.
• Leads experienced SRE engineers who are familiar with clustering technologies - high availability, resiliency, and horizontal scaling.
• Defining and executing High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, Chaos Engineering tests.
• Conducts OS tuning, optimization and system requirements for vertical scaling.
• Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands.
• Monitor and report on SLO/performance/capacity for a given applications services. Work with business and product owners to establish key performance indicators.
• Partners with security engineers and developing plans and automation to respond to new risks and vulnerabilities aggressively and safely.
• Lead CDN provider (Akamai, Fastly etc.) implementation.
• Lead Site Speed and performance engineering of eCommerce applications.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 10 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 8 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering
• 8 years of experience working on projects involving the implementation of solutions applying development lifecycles (SDLC)
• Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 8 years of IT experience developing and implementing systems within an organization
• 8 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• 8 years of experience working with application and integration middleware
• 6 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure and Operations
• 6 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 8 years of experience working with source code control systems
• Experience working with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools
• 8 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Apply on company website