The primary purpose of this role is help develop and execute comprehensive communications plans in support of Lowe's business strategy. This includes the responsibility for planning and delivering external communication plans and measurement and analysis. This role will need to develop strong relationships across different business units, and at times, own the plan, management and execution of a project or tactic.
• Develops comprehensive communication plans in order to best support business needs, with support of PR manager.
• Coordinates and participates in cross-functional team meetings to deliver needed communications in support of key time periods or initiatives including major holidays, partnerships, etc.
• Establishes relationships with leaders from various business functions and provide strategic insights used in maximizing communication efforts.
• Responsible for successful execution of specific campaign tactics within specified budget, timelines and allocated resources.
• Develops talking points for Lowe's spokespeople, such as store managers and/or merchants.
• Coordinates media opportunities.
• Works with team members to write, edit and execute content for PR programs including but not limited to writing press releases, proactively pitching news stories, arranging interviews with print, broadcast and online media in the best interest of the company.
• Collaborates with team members, outside agencies and vendors to execute communication plans.
• Serves as a trendspotter, identifying proactive opportunities or brand risks.
• Stays on top of media trends, new influencers and business-relevant topics.
• Monitors media, including analyzing social listening data, to build timely, actionable measurement reports.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
• 3 years' professional experience
• 2 years' experience using written and verbal communication skills in a professional setting
• 5 years' experience writing, editing and proofreading, including AP Style
• 2 years' experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines consistently
• Experience working directly with business partners, agencies and other third parties
• Experience working with executive level leaders
• Experience with social media strategy and community engagement
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program.
For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Apply on company website