PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This individual facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs
• Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Participates and coaches others in all software development life cycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 7 years of experience in software development or a related field (Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement)
- 7 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- 5+ years' experience with Java, Spring and Spring Boot
- 4+ years' experience with web services (JSON, REST, Spring based REST services)
- 4+ years' experience building Microservices
- Good understanding of OOP, design patterns and industry best practices
- Agile project delivery experience
- Master\'s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- Experience with opensource tools such as nginx/consul framework, kafka, SQL/NoSQL DB
- Experience with web application servers like Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, etc.
- Experience with one or more Test automation tools like JUnit, Selenium, JMeter
- 2+ years' experience with DevOps practices and building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with development tools like Git, Gradle, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience with TDD, code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito
- Exposure to PCI-DSS and Secure coding practices would be a plus
- 2+ years working in an agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- 3 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
- 5 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
- 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
- 3 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Apply on company website