PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Services Environmental & Safety Manager is principally responsible for the environmental and safety management of the Services programs. In this role, the Services Environmental & Safety Manager will make regularly scheduled visits to Lowe's stores, central offices and job sites, interacting with Lowe's employees, government entities, independent installers and Lowe's customers. This position is responsible for performing thorough walkthroughs of project field operations, reviewing and recommending updates to environmental policies and practices, conducting audits of environmental policies and practices, coordinating and implementing EPA and OSHA compliance training for Lowe's employees and independent installers, environmental compliance evaluations including general risk assessments and field inspections. This position will ensure environmental and safety practice adherence and risk mitigation with installation projects. Knowledge of the construction industry, environmental requirements, safety requirements and ability to build and maintain relationships will be essential for success.
The Services Environmental & Safety Manager will provide leadership to support compliance initiatives as appropriate across issue identification, risk mitigation, training, project plan development, stakeholder alignment, and project execution
- Oversee development and maintenance of comprehensive information related to applicable EPA and OSHA requirements to ensure that company practices are accurate and accessible as a resource to be used across the organization.
- Serve as a leader and brand ambassador to promote company activities related to federal and state environmental and safety requirements.
- Manage the development, planning and implementation of strong environmental and safety programs in alignment with legal, regulatory, corporate requirements and industry best practice.
- Develop a general execution guidance to support assigned company functions in issues related to applicable compliance policies.
- Have extensive construction industry knowledge and understanding of applicable environmental and safety practices.
- Subject Matter Expert on environmental and safety regulations, statutes, or other requirements applicable to the company across the country as well as applicable policies and practices for Lowe's; review and make recommendations on updates to applicable policies and practices; perform audits against these items.
- Plan and coordinate travel to build/maintain relationships with field leadership and state and federal environmental and safety agencies.
- Analyze data to identify issues, root causes, and trends in procedure gaps and execution. Based upon findings, develop and implement action to mitigate
- Indirectly influence Lowe's leadership and employees to take actions that drive efficiency, mitigate risk, and improve adherence to safety and environmental practices.
- Identify developmental needs of geographic areas, specific stores or specific independent installers and provides coaching, skills training and other developmental opportunities to enhance knowledge or skills.
- Collaborate and communicate cross functionally with internal and external groups, including but not limited to: Store/Field/SSC Associates and Leaders, Building Officials, Customer, Legal, Code Enforcement, Environmental Entities, Safety Agencies, and Independent PROvider network.
- Monitor, report out, enhance, and implement training requirements for stores, field leadership and independent installers to ensure the compliance to environmental and safety practices.
- Interact with Independent PROviders and customer on job-site visits, based upon business need.
- The Services Environmental & Safety Manager will work closely with various entities to mitigate environmental and safety risk.
- Negotiate and contract with third party services to support compliance strategies as needed to include training.
- Manage resources, budgets and expenses as related to Services Environmental & Safety Manager
High School General Studies AND
10 year's experience working in the Home Improvement or Construction industry OR regulatory compliance Industry
Bachelor's Degree Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering Construction, safety or Compliance
5 year's experience working in the Home Improvement, regulatory compliance or construction industry
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website