With a focus specifically on the Security Operations Center (SOC), this role supports Tier II and III functions within a 24x7 SOC environment, following established processes and focusing mostly on standard security issues. This includes activities aimed at detecting and assessing cybersecurity events and incidents across Lowe's environment.
- Analyzes data to detect trends, make recommendations, and provide reporting
Helps assess adherence to the information security processes supported
Answers questions from associates about the information security processes supported
- Documents current-state business processes and opportunities for automation
Attempts to resolve problems, then escalates problems as necessary to appropriate resources (e.g., support team, vendor)
Contributes to and helps maintain process documentation repositories
- Helps develop standard operating procedures; identifies and suggests possible improvements on procedures
- Collaborates with management to determine information security metrics and helps with the collection of information security metrics
- Maintains an awareness of information security news and trends
- Helps consolidate security-related findings, track KPIs, and present results to information security and business leaders and/or vendors
- Researches current technologies to assist in the development of new capabilities
- Translates and documents business needs into technical requirements and solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, Business Administration, Cybersecurity, or related field (or equivalent work or military experience in a related field)
- 2 years of experience in information security
- Basic understanding of fundamental security and network concepts (Windows and Unix security: OS lockdown; logging and monitoring; application security; user access; perimeter protection principles, network communication rules; intrusion detection and analysis methods; etc.)
- IT experience in the retail industry
- Relevant information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CEH, PCI ISA, CRISC, CISA, OSCP, GPen)
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Apply on company website