Do you thrive on new and exciting technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an evolution and large-scale digital transformation? As a Software Development Engineer in the Lowe's Digital organization, you will be working in an open engineering culture that fosters collaborative decision making with a global team of passionate and talented mobile software engineers. You will have an opportunity to build best in-class applications as well as engineering complex, secure and high -quality reliable back end for front end systems supporting mobile apps. You will be responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, development and overall lifecycle of Mobile Gateway Micro Services. If you are our ideal candidate, you will have demonstrated technical and problem-solving skills, a passion for technology, and strong ownership skills.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; evaluates outcome to ensure they meet specifications and architectural standards of Mobile Apps.
- Solve complex architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
- Participates and coach others in all software development end-to-end product lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of complex company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
- Participate in code reviews to instill the highest of code quality, ensure Micro Services best practices, and own the continuous improvement of yourself and the team.
- Validates and execute unit tests, and automated UI tests to identify application errors and ensure software meet functional specs.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and innovations in cloud computing and software development.
- Share thoughts and ideas on how to improve the back-end systems supporting mobile application.
- Good understanding of mobile app development (iOS and/or Android).
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in software development using Java, Kotlin, Ratpack, Ktor or relevant experience or related field
- 4 years of experience in database technologies
- 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- Strong CS/analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in unit testing framework
- In most cases Lowe's will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Tech Hub
- 3+ years of experience building scalable solutions using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Coding experience using swift, Objective-C or Android software development
- Experienced with the XCode build system and deploying apps to the Apple App Store
- Experience using Firebase SDKs
- Able to provide best practices for development, unit testing and acceptance testing
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Apply on company website