Under direction of lead Bindery Operator, reads work order or follows verbal instructions to assist in the operation of the binding line. Responsible for loading printed materials in a specific order into bindery equipment. Move finished product from the binding line and stack neatly onto pallets, carts, or trays. May count, weigh, and record the number of units of materials moved or handled on a daily production sheet. Complete ID tags and packaging slips to ensure accurate tracking for the shipping department. Install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools. May use an automatic banding machine or pallet wrapping machine to prepare the final product for shipping. May occasionally operate forklift or pallet jack to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Good knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic warehouse procedures, and the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instructions.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Good skill in the use of shrink-wrap and strapping equipment, powered lift equipment, pallet jacks, manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- May require skill in operating/using forklift truck.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $15.00
Apply on company website