All positions at Lucky's Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
Your role as a Pre Pack team member will include supervising the preparation of and preparing high-quality foods for the Pre-Pack case that are consistent with Lucky's quality goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares raw materials according to company specifications and recipes and maintains consistency in food quality standards.
- Ensures a fresh, appealing case by checking codes, rotating product, and removing out-of-date product
- Labels, dates, covers, and rotates all products in the kitchen walk-in cooler.
- Learns and uses all kitchen equipment. Uses preventative and safety measures at all times
- Complete spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Responds promptly to customer needs and questions and requests assistance when necessary, including answering the store phone system.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager or Assistant Department Manager.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensures cleanliness of food service cases, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Holds Overnight Food Service Team Members accountable for all quality goals and proper operational procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Food Service department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Will perform repetitive hand and arm motions daily such as scooping and cutting.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Apply on company website