Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Dir Sales I (Enterprise) develops and ensures attainment of new sales/revenue and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company's bottom line. The Dir Sales staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. The Dir Sales establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned area and contributes to the training development for the sales team.The Main Responsibilities
- Formulates account strategies to grow the business and the relationships within large accounts. Develops new business opportunities with partner companies with complementary technology.
- Builds a high-performance team. Hires and retains the right talent in the right roles, sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable, develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and act.
- Demonstrates Company's values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change, provides timely information, communicates context for business decisions, recognizes accomplishments and fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Develops and maintains account plans and detailed financial forecasts. Conducts accurate sales forecasts and achieves sales targets.
- Develops and executes sales plans such as sector strategies, hiring plans, territory management systems, and compensation plans.
- Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives and will recommend programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Owns several key sales support processes which may include opportunity and forecast management, the overall sales process, territory/customer-prospect module management and sales certification.
- Supports and develops initiatives across sales and the company primarily focused on sales productivity and efficiency. Expands opportunities into untapped product portfolios and develops sales propositions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required.
- 8 years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties.
- Driver's license may be required.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Strategic planning, account management and contract negotiations skills required.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities and ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales management experience (at least 5-6 years) in telecommunications sales and sales leadership experience.
- A track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Success leading and managing sales teams.
- Proven ability to hire, manage, mentor and motivate successful, solution-oriented sales teams.
- Strong record in developing and assigning geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
- Business/financial background is helpful.
- Experience is consultative sales techniques and account planning (including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long-range account management strategies.
Requisition #: 248752
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
88200Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
88200Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website