Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This position will be in a leadership role over a large 24x7x365 Security Operations Center environment in a minimum of two locations. This capability was recently launched and the position requires a strong leader to continue maturing the program. At a high level, the Fed SOC is responsible for operation, maintenance, and monitoring of the Lumen Managed Security portfolio for Federal customers. The personnel range from tier I triage, tier II engineers, Tier III Sr. and lead engineers. This team performs security event management functions - monitoring, detection, triage of security events and alerts in Security Information Event Monitor (SIEM) and associated monitoring systems. The role also facilitates the ingress, implementation and egress of advanced client trouble / change requests for next generation managed firewall, and other security control frameworks
The Main Responsibilities
The position will also be responsible for establishing wholistic SOC technical processes, across all Fed SOC disciplines. This includes developing a training and certification framework scale the digital transformation Devops mindset and skillset.
This position will be responbsible for operational requirements gathering, and execution of new Managed Security products requirements in the Federal space. As an example, Federal Managed Security Solution around incident response:
- Build and run a world-class security incident response program.
- Define and implement the strategy for security incident response and drive effective program execution.
- Develop the security incident response framework, including related standards and processes, and ensure effective implementation.
- Drive requirements for security monitoring and analytics capabilities and continuously assess the effectiveness of existing technologies.
- Oversee incident management, drive response activities, coordinate efforts across the organization, and ensure effective incident communications.
- Partner with other teams to deliver security incident response capabilities across the organization.
- Deliver incident findings to stakeholders and provide comprehensive incident reporting and metrics to the organization.
- Ensure threat intelligence capabilities and information sharing are effectively implemented and delivering value to the business.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through effective security monitoring and response control implementation
- Hiring, training, performance management and career development of SOC members
- Identify, develop and implement / delegate assigned projects per specified scope of work
- Leadership of Manager and Sr. Manager level personnel
- Identification and resolution of complex issues in customer environments
- Continually realign / evaluate services with changing business and product needs
- Actively contribute to the successful advancement of the enlarged security operational organization
Knowleadge on the following languages / platforms:
- Security platforms: Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Symantec, Trend Micro, Arbor, Radware, Automation orchestration technologies: such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Coding languages: such as Python, C/C++, and Java
- Version control systems: such as Git, Subversion, and Perforce
- SIEM: such as Arcsight, Splunk, other NMS/EMS
- 10 years in a security or ops environment
- Certifications In specific security technologies
- Security clearances may be necessary
- Security industry certifications (examples):
- ITIL Foundations
Requisition #: 257183
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
115740Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
115740Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website