CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Under minimal supervision, undertakes the configuration, test and turn-up of new installations and augment for a variety of IP platforms of CenturyLink across the EMEA region and performs a wide spectrum of moderately difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes responsibility for contribution to the success of major or multiple projects. Must have a strong customer focus.The Main Responsibilities
- Undertakes IP Deployment tasks in support of network and customer requirements
- Writes MOP (Method of Procedures) and schedules maintenances (GCR's) in support of new IP network implementations and/or augments
- Supports the Project Manager on IP Deployment tasks in line with the overall project RFS date.
- Resolves escalations as requested by team or management. Escalations are treated as urgent and worked immediately.
- Knowledge of multiple protocols and technologies, carrier grade platforms and systems configurations, as used within the network.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP – IP Services Protocol Suite; Good IPVPN/ MPLS configuration skills.
- Practical experience with most of: IPv6, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, RIP, NAT, OSI, rDNS delegation, layer 2 switching, spanning tree, VLANS, HSRP, LAGs, layer 2/3 VPNs
- Practical experience with Routing/switching platforms with most of:
- Cisco (29xx, 39xx, 4xxx, ASRs) Juniper (MX, EX and PTX series) and Nokia/ALU (7750, 7950).
- Practical experience with Operating Systems with most of: Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XE, JUNOS, TiMOS (Nokia/ALU)
- Experience of working in the telecommunications business with responsibilities for IP Deployment function
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
Alternate Location: PL-Poznan-Poznan
Requisition #: 227876
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website