Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen's internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the North American Operations organization will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. Operations Analyst interns will have the potential to assist with business operations support for the service delivery organization. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO from 6/1/2021 - 8/13/2021.
In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engaging with our employee resource groups and developing their professional skills and business acumen through exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Launch your career with Lumen and be a part of something amazing!
- Solicit, understand, and analyze business requirements from stakeholders, define objectives, needs, and priority
- Help plan and design business processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform research and analysis in support of operations
- Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university
- Graduating between August 2021 – May 2023
- In pursuit of bachelor's or master's in management information systems or related degree program
- Intern is responsible for their travel to/from work location
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe
- US work authorization is required
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Jira/Confluence
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with Qlik Sense, Power BI, SSRS, SQL
- Professional appearance and attitude
Requisition #: 235031
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website