Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As one of the four pillars of the Lumen business, our IT Solutions business is critical in enabling Lumen to help our clients overcome their business challenges. This business is in growth mode as the market adapts to new technology models built around cloud, edge, internet of things and machine learning and the value of data in the 4th industrial revolution. As a result of this growth we are recruiting successful sales people that are specialists in these areas and are experienced at selling technology solutions at C-Level in large enterprises. This team is responsible for driving new sales across our entire IT Solutions portfolio (hybrid, private & public cloud, edge compute, migration and managed services, traditional hosting) to both new and existing clients. Successful candidates will be experienced in operating in a specialist sales capacity collaborating with account teams, new business sales teams, marketing and engineering functions, as well as having a history of partnering with our strategic alliances (VMWare, AWS, MSFT). A consistent track record of over performance, a passion for technology and an appetite to help customers transform their businesses are all essential.The Main Responsibilities
- New business sales. As a sales specialist you will be tasked with identifying and qualifying opportunities where Lumen technology solutions can assist our clients in meeting their business objectives. You will understand how to advance sales opportunities in an agile manner and in collaboration with Lumen account teams and technology partners.
- Competing to win. As a sales specialist you will need to have a deep understanding of the cloud & hosting services market, who operates in this area and how Lumen can win. Whilst this is not a technical role, you will need to have a depth of technical knowledge that goes beyond a traditional account manager.
- Solution expertise. Sales specialists need to be able to work in partnership with our clients to advise on how technology can help overcome business challenges. You will therefore need to be able to work with our sales engineering teams to build technical solutions that you can then articulate to audiences of both business and technical decision makers.
- Collaboration. Sales specialists need to work closely with account teams, alliances teams, engineering teams, marketing teams, and commercial / legal teams. You will need to have experience of leading these virtual teams to build successful propositions for our clients.
- Evangelism. Sales specialists will be called up on from time to time to represent Lumen at industry events (in person and virtual), webinars, roundtables and partner engagements. Using social media to promote blogs and industry articles will also be required.
- 5+ years in an enterprise sales environment with demonstrated expertise in consultative or solution-based sales to senior business and technical decision makers including 3+ Years' experience with selling IT Solutions including private and public cloud services, with the associated certifications in place
- Exemplify exceptional customer/partner collaboration skills and demonstrate poise and confidence in competitive sales environments
- Effective understanding of the issues and pain points enterprise customers face and the demonstrable ability to address them with winning cloud-based solutions and traditional managed service offerings
- Demonstrable skills and deep understanding of how to sell IT solutions combined with a good understanding of the compliance and regulatory landscape that impacts cloud services
- Ability to quickly master technical concepts, processes, details, and skills, and be able to effectively communicate them to a wide variety of audience
- Strong, proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding quota using a consultative/solution selling approach
- Resourceful problem-solver, leveraging internal and partner resources where and when needed to do what's right for the customer and for the organization
- Leading and working effectively within a virtual sales team, including having team members both inside and outside of the organization, driving strategic direction for opportunity closure and considering inputs from team members for the best outcome.
- Excellent communication skills to include: verbal, written and presentation
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 253691
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website