Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Lead Federal Project Manager (PM) is a key position in the Lumen Federal Program Management Organization. The Lead Project Manager will manage all aspects of the Agency's awarded contract to Lumen. Candidate must have a strong telecom and IT background, successful history of leading cross functional teams in the deployment of VPNS technologies, understand Federal contracts, and extensive experience dealing with government customers. They will have overall project management lifecycle responsibility for the project, as well as, responsibility for aligning the customer's business strategy with the Lumen solution. The Lead Project Manager will be responsible for upfront engagement, collaborating directly with the customer and Federal Civilian Sales to identify and drive new revenue opportunities. Utilizing a strong matrixed management approach, the Project Manager will be solely responsible for coordinating integration work streams aligned with the overall goals and schedule of the implementation. The PM will provide project and portfolio level leadership to other Implementation team members.The Main Responsibilities
- Lead implementations of VPNS (Virtual Private Network Services) Services for an enterprise customer.
- Maintain proactive customer communication to foster a high touch relationship to include being onsite at the customer location in Washington, DC
- Lifecycle Management of Government Programs and supporting contracts (EIS, Networx, WITS, Connection II, Alliant 2, etc.)
- Provide Program Management expertise in managing Service Level Agreements and other aspects of Lumen and the Client contractual agreement
- Provide weekly status reports to customer on the services including financials, risks and risk mitigation, issues and issue management
- Communicate effectively with peers, superiors and subordinates, as well as C-Level Executives on Client and Lumen sides
- Coordinate all client communications including weekly and monthly reporting, crisis management and escalations
- Maintain proactive customer communication to foster a high touch Relationship.
- Develop and maintain project plans and action item lists and conduct regular customer status meetings to keep projects and actions on track with dates and owners
- Schedule and lead effective team meetings which will include field and/ or corporate resources
- Successfully interact with other organizations within Lumen to deliver seamless implementations & service to Clients
- Serve as an escalation point 24/7 for production impacting incidents
- Ad-Hoc report creation and distribution
- Coordinate change management activities by liaising with Clients, Global Change Management, and the Lumen Service Center
- Facilitate resolution of issues pertaining to contract, billing, AR, credit requests and billing disputes
- IT/Cloud/Telcom experience
- 5-7 years of Federal Project Management experience
- 5-7 years of Federal Transition and Implementation experience
- Specific demonstrated experience and/or certifications in VPN technologies, operations and maintenance
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team within a Client site
- Ability to integrate and become “working member” of the client's team
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization and planning skills
- Must possess initiative with strong analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to make complex decisions in potentially ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership abilities working with cross-functional teams
- Competency with the operational aspects of providing complex hosting and IP services.
- Mix of consulting and operational experience
- Strong understanding of Project Management Methodology including the ability to create and monitor project plans and to drive and develop tasks associated with plan
- Ability to skillfully react and adapt to a constantly changing business and IT work environment
- Strong leadership qualities and strategic skills
- Prioritization and time management skills. Ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to work with both entry-level personnel and Senior level executives
- Ability to identify business development and "add-on" sales opportunities
- Team player mentality and excellent work ethic
- Ability to write and respond to large, complex, cabinet-level proposal efforts
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree, or equivalent experience
- US Citizen
- PMP/EVM/ITIL/Six Sigma Certifications highly desirable
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word
- Must be willing to work on-site with the customer in Washington, DC as required.
Requisition #: 225757
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website