Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
City/Work Location: Japan / Tokyo / Atago Green Hill Moris Tower
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Client Relationship Management
The Role (Position Objective/ Summary):
The Senior Client Relationship Manager operates as an extension of our client's business. Our clients put their trust in our people and our solutions, and we deliver to that trust. We collaborate internally and externally with credibility and discipline. We demonstrate agile leadership with a confidence in our abilities to deliver, whilst at the same time ensuring that we continue to raise the bar in all that we do. Our people are encouraged to face challenges with courage and confidence and to remember that our clients have placed their trust in what they do each day.
Revenue retention and growth for assigned customer base
Manage the client relationship and gain Trusted Advisor status
Achieve and maintain reference status with assigned client(s)
Serve as Customer Advocate
Promote solution stability through incident trend analysis, problem management, and cure plan development and execution
Ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the LUMEN support model. Activities include maintaining regular audits, contact management, customer specific support procedure coordination.
Align with sales teams to develop account strategies and meet with targeted customers on a regular basis to strategically build a partnership and grow revenue
- Provide Program Management expertise in managing Service Level Agreements and other aspects of the client contractual agreement
- Communicate effectively with peers, superiors and subordinates, as well as C-Level Executives on client and LUMEN sides
- Coordinate all client communications including weekly and monthly reporting, crisis management and escalations
- Maintain proactive customer communication to foster a high touch relationship. Develop and maintain project plans and action item lists and conduct regular customer status meetings to keep projects and actions on track with dates and owners
- Schedule and lead effective team meetings which will include field and/ or corporate resources.
- Successfully interact with other organizations within LUMEN to deliver seamless implementations & service to clients
- Serve as an escalation point 24/7 for production impacting incidents
- Incident report creation and distribution
- Coordinate change management activities by liaising with clients, Global Change Management, and the LUMEN Service Center (activities include patching, LUMEN standard maintenance, and customer specific changes).
- Facilitate resolution of issues pertaining to billing, AR, credit requests and billing disputes.
- Facilitate order process for customer moves, adds, changes, and deletes
- Provide regular CRM audits to ensure an accurate depiction of services, contacts, and procedures
- Prepare, schedule, and facilitate regular client service reviews according to established best practices. These reviews highlight existing client services, any opportunities for new business, the status of account plans, and service levels.
- Support the LUMEN Client Loyalty program through customer education, and by encouraging client contacts to participate in the program by providing their feedback. Respond to survey alerts by adhering to the closed loop process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years progressive program management experience, including 5-7 years in consulting and/or technical management is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex programs with multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels within an organization
- PMP Certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, and planning skills
- Must possess initiative with strong analytical, problem solving skills and ability to make complex decisions in potentially ambiguous situations
- Strong understanding of Project Management Methodology including the ability to create and monitor project plans and to drive and develop tasks associated with plan
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team within a client site
- Strong leadership qualities and strategic skills
- Prioritization and time management skills. Ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to work with both entry level personnel and Senior level executives
- Ability to identify business development and "add-on" sales opportunities
- Team player mentality and excellent work ethic
- Some ad-hoc travel might be required
Communication & Language proficiency:
- Japanese language ability (JLPT Level 1/ 2)
- Business level English (Spoken & Written)
Requisition #: 238592
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website