Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a cyber security specialist, you will lead CenturyLink's team of cybersecurity consultants in the region in security consulting and advisory engagements to help our clients enact proactive risk management, cyber security practices and operating models. You will be part of a team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience and improved security posture. The position objectives are:
Provide the thought leadership and lead in defining our security consulting roadmap to grow the security business in region.
Lead a team to deliver cybersecurity consulting, advisory services, and manage onboarding of new clients.
Hire, retain, and effectively mentor, coach our cybersecurity consulting team in region.
Responsible for managing client satisfaction and successful delivery of all security consulting and advisory services to our clients in region.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of our cybersecurity consulting and advisory services to CenturyLink's clients across Asia Pacific.
- Maintain complete control and facilitating timely decisions to identify project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance
- Provide expert advice and work collaboratively with clients to continuously improve their security posture, and their overall IT Security program in general.
- Grow and upsell security consulting services and managed security services to clients, while avoiding churn.
- Work with CenturyLink client management teams to coordinate and prioritize CenturyLink work and resources in support of the client.
- Lead in delivery of cybersecurity consulting services, not limited to the following:
- Security Governance advisory – providing risk advisory, performing current state assessments, gap analysis, strategies and consulting clients to improve their security posture through necessary controls to comply with clients' regulatory mandates and Information Security Standards.
- Support the review, revision and document security operations changes requested by the clients;
- Analyze identified risks and vulnerabilities to present remediation recommendations to clients.
- Liaise with the security operation services team to advise, analyze and resolve issues across installed security solutions;
- Onboarding of clients into our Managed Security Services (MSS), including advisory on architecture design, rules / use cases development, log collection configuration, reporting, whitelisting and finetuning of MSS.
• 10+ years thorough knowledge and experience as an information security professional.
• You should have prior background in client engagement experiences with Managed Security Services, audit, compliance & risk advisory, risk assessment, or providing high-quality security consulting and professional services and is expected to be able to deliver such services to CenturyLink clients.
• Familiar with NIST Cybersecurity Framework, The Center for Internet Security Critical Security Controls (CIS) and other risk and control frameworks.
• Experiences in leading or managing blue team / red team / purple team, or have held positions such as Information Security Director/Manager, or Senior Information Security Consultant, or similar responsibilities would be an advantage.
• Significant experiences in overall security program design, implementation and management for large enterprises, in administering scanning/penetration testing/vulnerability management tools or in evaluating IT security personnel in job performance and skill suitability, is preferred.
• Attention to details.
• Possess the patience and qualities of a good coach.
• Demonstrated ability to make and take responsibility for decisions on major issues.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills including whiteboarding, to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with C-level / senior executives.
• Desire to continuously seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction.
• Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks.
• Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills in an enterprise environment.
• Ability to interpret customer requirements and develop solutions to meet these requirements.
• Strong client focus and quality mindset.
• Have relevant industry IT security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA or others).
Requisition #: 225869
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website