Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As an Account Director Senior - Specialized Sales, you will be responsible for managing business development activities for high-profile named accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that lead to the expansion and growth of specialized products. Accountable for the coordination and strategy on assigned key account(s). Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the account planThe Main Responsibilities
• Drives account management responsibilities as an overlay sales role including solution creation, solution offering, configuration management, order issuance, service delivery, service management and revenue recognition. Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought leadership.
• Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
• Provides input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer's organization, and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
• Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of specific products and/or services. Interaction with Product management for nonstandard / custom requirements based upon customer needs.
• Build strong relationships with Sales leaders in your geography and participate in weekly pipeline calls. Be viewed as the subject matter expert in equipment and winning end to end solutions.
• Build strong relationships with all strategic partners and leverage to drive preference to Lumen.
• 8+ years' experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry's competitive landscape
• Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
• Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close
• Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction
• Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 235686
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position oryour current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website